- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Stopping for a bite to eat or a bit of shopping can create memorable experiences. Favorite dishes include cochinito horneado (smoked pork), tamales, delicious white cheese, and pejelagarto, a fish that makes up for its unattractive appearance with a sweet flavor. You can also spend time combing open-air markets for hats, leather goods, and embroidered cloth, not to mention beautifully crafted jewelry featuring local amber.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's