Dedicated to San Cristóbal Mártir (St. Christopher the Martyr), this cathedral was built in 1528, then demolished, and rebuilt in 1693, with additions during the 18th and 19th centuries. Note the classic colonial features on the ornate facade: turreted columns, arched windows and doorways, and beneficent-looking statues of saints in niches. The floral embellishments in rust, black, and white accents on the ocher background are unforgettable. Inside, don't miss the painting Nuestra Señora de Dolores (Our Lady of Sorrows) to the left of the altar, beside the gold-plated Retablo de los Tres Reyes (Altarpiece of the Three Kings); the Chapel of Guadalupe in the rear; and the gold-washed pulpit.
Calle Guadalupe Victoria at zócalo, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, 29200, Mexico