- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A horseback ride into the neighboring indigenous villages is good exercise for mind and body. Most hotels can arrange trips, or you can contact Viajes Chinkultik. Bilingual guides lead five-hour horseback rides to San Juan Chamula and Zinacantán; the cost is about $12 per person. Calle Real de Guadalupe 34, Col. Centro, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, 29200. 967/678–0957.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Horseback Riding
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's