- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Madre Tierra Review
In an old house with a pleasant patio, this vegetarian restaurant is a favorite of locals and tourists. Almost everything on the menu is homemade, including the daily baked bread. For breakfast, you can't miss with their muffins and fruit salad with fresh yogurt. You also can't beat the fresh pastas and pizzas or their soups and salads. Going on a day trip? You can buy pizzas, breads, muffins, and preserves to go.
- Address: Av. Insurgentes 19, Barrio de Santa Lucía, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas 29250
- Phone: 967/678–4297
- Location: San Cristóbal de las Casas
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more