- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Hotel Posada Real de Chiapas
At a Glance
- if you enjoy indigenous art, there's no better place for you
- some rooms are better looking than others, and some get more street noise than others, so you might have to tour a few before deciding
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Posada Real de Chiapas Review
Striking indigenous weavings fill the hotel's rooms, which are dedicated to the theme of textiles of Chiapas. Guest rooms are quite clean, spacious, and filled with wrought-iron furniture along with tasteful, colorful weavings; some even have balconies. There's also a lovely interior patio that has been adapted for dining; it's a pleasant place to enjoy a meal and relax. Interior rooms are quieter at night, as they get less street noise.
- Address: Francisco Madero 19, Col. Centro, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas 29200 | Map It
- Phone: 967/678–0928; 01800/701–3611 toll-free in Mexico
- Website: www.hotelchiapas.com.mx
- Location: San Cristóbal de las Casas
- 30 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
In a few weeks I'll be spending six nights at the CasaMagna Marriott in the sunny Puerto Vallarta Marina District with my husband and soon to be 17 year old son. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more