- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Mesón del Angel
El Mesón del Angel Review
You might think you've stumbled into a country inn when you make your way up the blue-tile steps. Inside are cheery lacy curtains and stained-glass windows. The owner is from Madrid, so the menu is full of dishes like paella a la valenciana (rice with seafood and sausage) and arroz negro (rice with squid ink). There's a wine list with plenty of Spanish vintages.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3-Star Fiesta Inn Villahermosa in Villahermosa Fr $105+/Nt Expedia
- Quality Inn Villahermosa Cencali in May: $101 & Up Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Hyatt Regency Villahermosa Fr $142+/Nt — $142 Expedia
- Save in Villahermosa: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $113+/Nt — $113 Expedia
- Book the Howard Johnson Villahermosa 3 Nts in May Fr $63+/Nt — $63 Expedia
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more