- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Mercado Municipal Review
This municipal market occupies an eight-block area. Best visited early in the morning, especially on the busiest day, Saturday. The market is the social and commercial center for the indigenous groups from surrounding villages. Stalls overflow with medicinal herbs, fresh flowers, and bundles of wool, as well as the best coffee in the region for less than $3 a pound. Be careful here, as robberies are common. If you must bring your camera, ask before photographing people.
- Address: At Avs. General Utrilla, Nicaragua, Honduras, and Belisario Domínguez, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas 29200
- Hours: Daily 7–3.
- Location: San Cristóbal de las Casas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
In a few weeks I'll be spending six nights at the CasaMagna Marriott in the sunny Puerto Vallarta Marina District with my husband and soon to be 17 year old son. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more