- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Although Ocosingo is on the tourist trail, most people pass right by on their way to San Cristobál or Palenque. That's a shame, because Ocosingo sits in one of the prettiest valleys in Chiapas. It's a great place for horseback riding or bathing in waterfalls. It's also the best base for exploring the Mayan ruins of Toniná.
Like many other towns, Ocosingo is centered around a manicured square with a town hall on one end and a cathedral on the other. It hasn't caught up with the rest of the world, which is its charm.
Ocosingo at a Glance
Elsewhere in Chiapas and Tabasco
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe