- Taking in mist-covered ruins Much of the enormous complex of Palenque has yet to be excavated, so you can see how thoroughly the jungle claimed them.
- A pleasant stay in a little-visited colonial town Lovely colonial architecture, the excellent Museo Na Bolom, and nearby San Juan Chamula make San Cristóbal de las Casas an important stop.
- An exotic boat trip Go by water up the Río Usumacinta to see the Mayan city of Yaxchilán surrounded by magnificent 100-year-old ceiba trees.
- The chance to see a breathtaking canyon Cliffs rise to 3,500 feet at their highest point in the Cañón del Sumidero.
- Convening with history Wander through the trees around massive stone heads left behind by the Olmecs at the Parque-Museo La Venta.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More