- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Extreme Control Kite School. Extreme Control Kite School offers all levels of kitesurfing lessons and the latest equipment. Led by IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization) instructor, Marco Cristofanelli, courses take place at Playa Esperanza, with the flattest conditions in Tulum. Their new kite shop and info center is located on Avenida Tulum in Tulum pueblo, one block from the HSBC bank. They are open on the beach from 9 am to sunset everyday unless there is absolutely no wind. Call to check the wind conditions ahead of time. Av. Tulum, Tulum, Quintana Roo, 77780. 984/130–1596 or 984/745–4555. www.extremecontrol.net.
Punta Piedra Bike Rental. Punta Piedra Bike Rental is a small shop that rents equipment by the day. Boogie boards cost $5, bikes are $10, scooters are $40, and snorkel gear is $10. The owner, Felix, can also organize two-hour snorkeling tours for $30. Cash only. Carretera Tulum–Boca Paila, Km 4, Zona Hotelera, Tulum, Quintana Roo, 77780. 984/157–4248 cell. Daily 7:30–6.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's