- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
La Playita Review
Two blocks north of the town square, this "restaurant" is actually made up of plastic tables and chairs shaded by mismatched tarps and umbrellas. What it lacks in charm is more than made up for by the food and prices. This is where locals go for seafood soup, fried fish, shrimp tacos, ceviche, and fresh guacamole. Entrees come with a side of rice and shredded lettuce, but plan to either practice your Spanish or use sign language since this family-run business focuses more on quality cooking than it does on customer service. This is the perfect place to sink your toes in the sand and enjoy a refreshing rice-milk horchata. Just watch out for the mosquitoes at dusk, and eat early because the restaurant closes by 8.
- Address: Av. Rafael Melgar, Sm 02, Mza 03, Lote 02 Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo 77580
- Phone: no phone
- Location: Puerto Morelos
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more