La Playita Review
Two blocks north of the town square, this "restaurant" is actually made up of plastic tables and chairs shaded by mismatched tarps and umbrellas. What it lacks in charm is more than made up for by the food and prices. This is where locals go for seafood soup, fried fish, shrimp tacos, ceviche, and fresh guacamole. Entrees come with a side of rice and shredded lettuce, but plan to either practice your Spanish or use sign language since this family-run business focuses more on quality cooking than it does on customer service. This is the perfect place to sink your toes in the sand and enjoy a refreshing rice-milk horchata. Just watch out for the mosquitoes at dusk, and eat early because the restaurant closes by 8.
- Address: Av. Rafael Melgar, Sm 02, Mza 03, Lote 02, Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, 77580
- Phone: /
- Location: Puerto Morelos
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just want to share how my 75years old slow walker aunt could enjoy the amazing barcelo resort and shopping along the world famous 5th ave... Read more
Puerto Morelos, MX May, 2014 Mexico is one of our most favorite places to vacation. We have been multiple times since 2000 and deci... Read more