- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
El Faisán y El Venado
At a Glance
- best place to stay in town
- central location
- strong a/c
- basic rooms
- staff speaks little English
- Wi-Fi in common areas only
- crowing roosters in the morning
Check Rates from our Partners
El Faisán y El Venado Review
If you absolutely need a place to stay between Riviera Maya and the beaches of Costa Maya, then this simple three-story hotel, with rustic rooms accommodating up to three people (one room sleeps five), is really your only remotely acceptable option between the Riviera Maya and the Costa Maya. Rooms are bright and clean, but basic and dated with orange and white decor. The restaurant ($) does a brisk business with locals who come for good Yucatecan specialties like poc chuc (pork marinated in sour-orange sauce), bistec a la yucateca (Yucatecan-style steak), and pollo pibil. The mole also comes recommended.
- Address: Av. Benito Juárez, Lote 781, Felipe Carrillo Puerto, Quintana Roo 77200
- Phone: 983/834–0702; 983/834–0043
- Location: Felipe Carrillo Puerto
- 37 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
Hi everyone, would love you r opinon on whether this is too much for the short amount of time for a couple in their late 20s who like culture, history, FOOD, jungle/nature/beaches. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more