- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Camello Jr.
El Camello Jr. Review
By the time you get to this local favorite at the very end of Tulum's downtown strip, you'll think you've already left town. In fact, you've just arrived. This is Tulum's lunch time favorite, famed for the freshest seafood in town, and the jammed parking lot is testament to its enduring popularity. Fish or shrimp tacos are light and fresh, but the full splendor of the place is expressed by its whole grilled or fried fish, served with generous mounds of rice, beans, and plátanos. The lively scene and tropical ambience are a Mexican original.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Holiday Inn Chetumal Puerta Maya Fr $84+/Nt Expedia
- Chetumal Savings! Book at Explorean Kohunlich Fr $383+/Nt Save with Expedia, $255/night less
- May deal: Holiday Inn Chetumal Puerta Maya Fr $84+/Nt — $84 Expedia
- Chetumal Savings! Book at Explorean Kohunlich Fr $383+/Nt — $383 Save with Expedia, $255/night less
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
My boyfriend just told me today, we should visit Tequila on our planned trip to PV.
We add to calendar a visit to Guadalajara since it is one of my favorite mexican cities, but have never been in Tequila. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more