- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Posada Mariposa
At a Glance
- cozy setting
- good shuttle service
- discount to Mamita's Beach Club
- hard beds
- Wi-Fi only in lobby
- though promised by 2014, at this writing no room phones, pool, or gym
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hotel Posada Mariposa Review
Although it has few facilities, this hotel is still a great value, with impeccable rooms set around an open-air garden courtyard where trees grow past the third floor. Dark cedar furniture sets off queen-size beds, and shared patios and spacious bathrooms come in above Mariposa's price class. Breakfast is served across the street at La Vagabunda restaurant, although suites have full kitchens where you can make your own. A small handicrafts and art boutique is attached to the hotel, and the beach is just a few blocks away. If the hotel is fully booked, check out their neighboring sister property, Hacienda Mariposa, less charming but equally affordable.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Chetumal: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $383+/Nt Save with Expedia, $255/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Chetumal this May Fr $84+/Nt Expedia
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more