- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sian Ka'an Visitor Center. Sian Ka'an Visitor Center is 9 km (6 miles) south of Tulum, just past the archway on the coastal road toward Boca Paila. Several kinds of tours, including bird-watching by boat and night kayaking to observe crocodiles, are offered on-site through the Sian Ka'an Visitor Center. The rickety observation tower offers the best view of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere—just don't look down. 998/887–1969 National Commission of Natural Protected Areas; 984/141–4245 cell at Visitor Center; 984/108–8853 cell at Visitor Center. www.cesiak.org.
Visit Sian Ka'an. Local guide Aldo offers various tours of Sian Ka'an, including bird-watching, fly fishing, snorkeling, and wildlife excursions. The popular Nature Encounter Tour includes a boat trip into the lagoons of Boca Paila and Campechen in search of crocodiles, birds, and manatees. Coastal road Tulum-Boca Paila-Punta Allen, Km 15.8, Sian Ka'an, Quintana Roo. 984/141–4245 or 984/108–8853. www.visitsiankaan.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe