- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
There's no public transportation in Punta Bete, and taxis seldom pass. The best way to reach this beautiful beach area is by car. From Carretera 307, turn at the huge sign for the Princess Resort, at Km 296, to reach Petit Lafitte, Cocos Cabanas, the Viceroy, and the beach. (To reach Le Rêve, you'll have to take the road about 100 yards south, marked with a blue sign for Azul Fives condos.) Once you reach the water, you can walk along the beach to Playa del Carmen in 1–1½ hours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's