- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Almost Heaven Adventures. Almost Heaven Adventures, the oldest dive shop in the area, is the only one owned and operated by locals. Snorkeling trips cost $55, and two-tank reef dives cost $70. Night tours are especially popular in summer, so book at least a day in advance. Av. Javier Rojo Gómez, Mza 2, Lote 10, Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, 77580. 998/846–8009 or 998/871–0230. www.almostheavenadventures.com.
Diving Dog Tours. Diving Dog Tours runs snorkeling trips at various sites on the Great Mesoamerican Reef for $30 per person. Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo. 998/848-8819 or 303/325-3986. www.puertomorelosfishing.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe