- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
The reef here invites exploration, and there's fine diving and snorkeling, as well as the marina's dolphin center, where you can get in the water with a variety of sea creatures. On land there's tennis and golf.
Aquanuts. Aquanuts is a full-service dive shop that specializes in open-water dives, cenote dives, multitank dives, and certification courses. Dives start at $50, full courses at $445. Calle Punta Celis, by marina, Puerto Aventuras, Quintana Roo, 77750. 984/873-5041; 877/623-2491 in U.S. www.aquanutsdiveshop.com.
Dolphin Discovery. Dolphin Discovery lets you swim with dolphins in the closed-off waters of the marina. You can also get up close and personal with manatees, stingrays, and sea lions. Programs start at $79 and are available daily from 9 to 3:30 pm. on the marina, Calle Bahia Xcacel, Puerto Aventuras, Quintana Roo, 77750. 998/193-3360 in Mexico; 866/393-5158 in U.S. www.dolphindiscovery.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 15% off Spa Services: Explorean Kohunlich in May Save with Expedia, $255/night less
- Book 3-Star Holiday Inn Chetumal Puerta Maya Fr $84+/Nt Expedia