- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Abyss. The PADI and SSI-affiliated Abyss offers introductory courses and dive trips ($50 for one tank, $70 for two tanks). They also run dives in Tulum, as Cenote Dive Center. Av. 1, between Calles 10 and 12, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710. 984/873–2164. www.abyssdiveshop.com.
Cenote Dive Center. The virtual office of Playa del Carmen's Abyss specializes in Tulum dives. Av. 1, between Calles 10 and 12, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710. 984/876-3285. www.cenotedive.com.
Mexico Blue Dream. Mexico Blue Dream provides custom snorkel tours in Playa, Laguna Yal-Ku, Akumal, and nearby cenotes, as well as dive trips to Cozumel. Trips start at $35. Between Av. 1 and Mamitas Beach, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710. 984/803-0660. www.mexicobluedream.com.
Tank-Ha Dive Center. Playa's original dive outfit, Tank-Ha Dive Center has PADI-certified teachers and runs diving and snorkeling trips to the reefs and caverns. A one-tank dive costs $45; for a two-tank trip it's $65. Dive packages are also available, as well as trips to Cozumel. Calle 10, between Avs. 5 and 10, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710. 984/873-0302. www.tankha.com.
Yucatek Divers. PADI-affiliated Yucatek Divers offers cenote dives, dive packages, and instruction. A one-tank introductory course costs $95; the four-day, five-dive beginner certification course is $410. Av. 15, between Calles 2 and 4, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710. 984/803-2836. www.yucatek-divers.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe