- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Alltournative. Alltournative will have you feeling like Indiana Jones in no time. Trips, which range in price from $99 to $129, focus on ecological preservation and Mexican culture. You can kayak through a lagoon, snorkel in a cenote, or zip-line above a lush jungle. The company also organizes trips to Mayan communities on expeditions to Cobá. Carretera Federal 307, Km 287, near Playacar, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710. 984/803–9999. www.alltournative.com.
Punta Venado. South of Playa del Carmen, Punta Venado offers adventure tours in all-terrain vehicles or on horseback. The 4 km (2½ mi) of isolated coastline are great for snorkeling and kayaking. Packages range from $50 to $60. Carretera Federal 307, Km 278, Calica, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710. 998/887–1191.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe