- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Alltournative. Alltournative will have you feeling like Indiana Jones in no time. Trips, which range in price from $99 to $129, focus on ecological preservation and Mexican culture. You can kayak through a lagoon, snorkel in a cenote, or zip-line above a lush jungle. The company also organizes trips to Mayan communities on expeditions to Cobá. Carretera Federal 307, Km 287, near Playacar, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710. 984/803-9999. www.alltournative.com.
Punta Venado. South of Playa del Carmen, Punta Venado offers adventure tours in all-terrain vehicles or on horseback. The 4 km (2½ mi) of isolated coastline are great for snorkeling and kayaking. Packages range from $50 to $60. Carretera Federal 307, Km 278, Calica, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710. 998/887-1191.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Chetumal this May Fr $383+/Nt Save with Expedia, $255/night less
- Save at 3-Star Holiday Inn Chetumal Puerta Maya: $84 & Up in May Expedia