Essentials in Majahual
Banks and Currency Exchange
Most properties don't accept credit cards. There are six ATMs in town, as well as a small exchange booth in the orange building on the main beach road.
An ambulance is always on-site at the Chetumal ruins and there's a small clinic on the south end of the soccer field. Majahual's local doctor, Oscar Ramirez, provides medical service until 2 pm daily.
The police station is on Calle Huachinango across from the soccer field. The emergency phone number is 066.
Although there isn't a visitor center, Fernando, owner of 100% Agave in town, is a true ambassador for Majahual, and gladly offers advice on what to see and where to go.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's