- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Bacalar is 3½ hours south of Cancún and 30 minutes north of Chetumal. It's just off Carretera 307, south of Felipe Carrillo Puerto and Limones. If you're coming from Cancún, follow the well-marked signs toward Bacalar. Upon entering the town, you'll cross over two huge speed bumps. Pass the Catholic church on your right, take a left at the first corner, and continue straight to the town center; to your left will be the Fort of San Felipe. Northbound drivers should take Carretera 106 to 307.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's