- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Akumal is an easy drive south from Puerto Aventuras or north from Tulum. The entrance to town is on the east side of the highway, so coming from the north you'll have to make a U-turn at the well-marked retorno. Follow signs to Akumal Playa. You can also hire a taxi in Cancún—you can reduce your cost by sharing a ride with other passengers. Getting around is easy. There's only one road. It runs from the highway through the Arch—the town's gateway, at Club Akumal Caribe—and along Akumal Bay past Half Moon Bay to Laguna Yalku, a distance of about ten minutes by car.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's