- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
If you are planning to visit only Cancún, you do not (and probably should not) rent a car. But if you want to explore the region, a car can be convenient, though expensive. Be sure to read our extensive guidelines regarding road conditions, insurance requirements, and costs so that you can make an informed decision regarding whether or not renting a car is for you.
Car Rental Contacts
Adocar Rental (Plaza Nautilus, Blvd. Kukulcán, Km 3.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancún, Quintana Roo, 77500. 998/849–4233. www.adocarrental.com.)
Avis (Aeropuerto Internacional Benito Juárez, Zona Hotelera, Cancún, Quintana Roo, 77500. 998/886–0221. www.avis.com.)
Mónaco Rent a Car (Av. Yaxchilán 65, Lote 5, Sm 25, Cancún, Quintana Roo, 77500. 998/884–6540. www.monacorentacar.com.)
Hertz (At the Cancun Airport, Carretera de Cancun Chetumal Km 22, Cancun, Quintana Roo, 77500. 999/911-8040; 800/405-7000 Toll Free. www.hertz.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's