- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
For farther-flung destinations, buses leave El Centro's terminal for all parts of Mexico. Autobuses del Oriente, or ADO, is one of the oldest bus lines in Mexico and offers regular service to Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen every 15 minutes from 4 am until midnight. Tickets, available outside Terminal 2 Baggage Claim, are less than $10 one-way. Playa Express has express buses that leave from a small terminal across from the main bus station every 10 minutes for Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen. Mayab Bus Lines has first- and second-class buses leaving for destinations along the Riviera Maya every hour.
Autobuses del Oriente (ADO) (998/884–5552. www.ado.com.mx.)
Mayab Bus Lines (998/884–5552.)
Playa Express (998/887–6782.)
Terminal de Autobuses (Pino Mz. 23 S.M. 56, between Avs. Tulum and Uxmal, Sm 23, Cancún, Quintana Roo, 77500. 998/884–5552.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe