- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Cancun and the Riviera Maya 2014
El Cejas Review
The seafood is fresh at this open-air eatery, and the clientele is lively—often joining in song with the musicians who stroll among the tables. If you've had a wild night, try the vuelva a la vida, or "return to life" (conch, oysters, shrimp, octopus, calamari, and fish with a hot tomato sauce). The kitchen serves crab (stuffed, steamed, or fried) and whole-fried fish that is crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. The ceviche and the spicy shrimp soup are also good, though the quality can be inconsistent. A favorite with El Centro locals, this no-frills eatery is casual and easy on the wallet, so don't expect to be pampered. It's inside the bustling Mercado 28.
- Address: Mercado Veintiocho, on southwest end, Loc 90–100, Sm 26 El Centro, Cancún, Quintana Roo 77500
- Phone: no phone
- Location: El Centro
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
We are planning a trip to PdC for the end of May and looking to rent a condo at Corto Maltes. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more