- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Cancun and the Riviera Maya 2014
Hacienda el Mortero
Hacienda el Mortero Review
As one of Cancún's first restaurants, the main draw is the setting: a replica of a 17th-century traditional hacienda, complete with courtyard fountain, flowering garden, and a strolling mariachi band. Although there's nothing outstanding on the traditional Mexican menu, the tortilla soup is very good and the chicken fajitas and rib-eye steaks are tasty. Fish lovers may also like the pescado Veracruzana (fresh grouper prepared Veracruz-style with olives, garlic, and fresh tomatoes). Sunday brunch ($18) is served from 9 to 2. This is a popular restaurant for large groups, so be warned: it can get boisterous, especially once guests begin sampling the 110 types of tequila.
- Address: Next to Krystal Hotel Cancún, Blvd. Kukulcán, Km 9, Zona Hotelera, Cancún, Quintana Roo 77500
- Phone: 998/848–9800 Ext. 778
- Location: Zona Hotelera
- No lunch Mon.–Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
Well I've been researching lots of possibilities for a family vacation for this coming November & decided to add your opinions to my final decision just in case I am overlooking something. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more