- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hacienda el Mortero
Hacienda el Mortero Review
As one of Cancún's first restaurants, the main draw is the setting: a replica of a 17th-century traditional hacienda, complete with courtyard fountain, flowering garden, and a strolling mariachi band. Although there's nothing outstanding on the traditional Mexican menu, the tortilla soup is very good and the chicken fajitas and rib-eye steaks are tasty. Fish lovers may also like the pescado Veracruzana (fresh grouper prepared Veracruz-style with olives, garlic, and fresh tomatoes). Sunday brunch ($18) is served from 9 to 2. This is a popular restaurant for large groups, so be warned: it can get boisterous, especially once guests begin sampling the 110 types of tequila.
- Address: Next to Krystal Hotel Cancún, Blvd. Kukulcán, Km 9, Zona Hotelera, Cancún, Quintana Roo 77500
- Phone: 998/848–9800 Ext. 778
- Location: Zona Hotelera
- No lunch Mon.–Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
I am off to the Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort for a week and am wondering if there is anything interesting to do in the environs. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more