- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Overall, the beaches facing the Bahía de Mujeres are best for swimming. Farther out, the undertow can be tricky. Some beaches facing the Caribbean have riptides and currents, especially when the surf is high. In December, strong north winds bring larger waves that eat away at the sandbanks. Unexpected drop-offs along the shoreline can be dangerous.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's