- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Cancún
Dancing the night away: Salsa, cumbia, reggae, mariachi, hip-hop, and electronic music dizzy the air of the Zona Hotelera's many nightclubs.
Exploring the nearby Mayan ruins: Trips to remarkable sites like Tulum, Cobá, and Chichén Itzá can easily be accomplished in a day.
Getting wild on the water: Rent Jet Skis, a Windsurfer, or a kayak, and skim across the sea or Laguna Nichupté.
Browsing for Mexican crafts: The colorful stalls of Mercado Veintiocho will certainly hold something that catches your eye.
Indulging in local flavor: Dishes like lime soup and poc chuc (pork with achiote and onions) and drinks like tamarind margaritas pay respect to traditional cuisine.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $899 -- Luxe Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $820 Apple Vacations
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort — $109-$139 BookIt.com