- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Cancún
Dancing the night away: Salsa, cumbia, reggae, mariachi, hip-hop, and electronic music dizzy the air of the Zona Hotelera's many nightclubs.
Exploring the nearby Mayan ruins: Trips to remarkable sites like Tulum, Cobá, and Chichén Itzá can easily be accomplished in a day.
Getting wild on the water: Rent Jet Skis, a Windsurfer, or a kayak, and skim across the sea or Laguna Nichupté.
Browsing for Mexican crafts: The colorful stalls of Mercado Veintiocho will certainly hold something that catches your eye.
Indulging in local flavor: Dishes like lime soup and poc chuc (pork with achiote and onions) and drinks like tamarind margaritas pay respect to traditional cuisine.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe