- Dancing the night away Salsa, cumbia, reggae, mariachi, hip-hop, and electronic music dizzy the air of the Zona Hotelera's many nightclubs.
- Exploring the nearby Mayan ruins Trips to remarkable sites like Tulum, Cobá, and Chichén Itzá can easily be accomplished in a day.
- Getting wild on the water Rent Jet Skis, a Windsurfer, or a kayak, and skim across the sea or Laguna Nichupté.
- Browsing for Mexican crafts The colorful stalls of Mercado Veintiocho will certainly hold something that catches your eye.
- Indulging in local flavor Dishes like lime soup and poc chuc (pork with achiote and onions) and drinks like tamarind margaritas pay respect to traditional cuisine.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More