- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mar y Peña
Mar y Peña Review
The freshest, tastiest seafood cocktails, ceviches, and clam tacos imaginable are served in this nautical restaurant crowded with locals. If you come with friends, go for the mariscada, a huge platter of shellfish and fish for four. The shrimp albondigas (meatballs) soup has a hearty fish stock seasoned with cilantro; and the crab ranchero is a savory mix of crabmeat, onions, tomatoes, and capers. Portions are huge.
- Address: Calle 16 de Septiembre, between Isabel la Católica and Albáñez, Centro, La Paz, Baja California Sur, 23004
- Phone: 612/122-9949
- Location: La Paz
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $199-$259 -- 4-Star Resort Near San Diego w/Skyline Views Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
My boyfriend just told me today, we should visit Tequila on our planned trip to PV.
We add to calendar a visit to Guadalajara since it is one of my favorite mexican cities, but have never been in Tequila. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more