- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Palomar Restaurant and Bar
Palomar Restaurant and Bar Review
Just off Santiago's main plaza, this restaurant serves up seafood so well prepared that it attracts visitors from well out of town. In fact, if you spend some time chatting with the restaurant's knowledgeable owner, Sergio Gómez, there's a good chance he'll take out his pictures and tell you stories about how stars like Bing Crosby, John Wayne, and Susan Sarandon have eaten at his restaurant, and toured the town. He can also tell you how to get to nearby waterfalls. Ask about the six simple double rooms in the back, around a pretty garden, that rent for $45 a night.
- Address: Calzada Misioneros s/n, Santiago, 23500
- Phone: 624/130-2126; 624/130-2019
- Hours: Closed Sun.
- Location: Santiago
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $199-$259 -- 4-Star Resort Near San Diego w/Skyline Views Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Hola my Fodor's lovers of Mexico. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more