- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Casa Mexicana Inn
At a Glance
- central location
- lovely owner
- attentive service
- terrific value
- exquisite art
- closed 4 1/2 months a year
La Casa Mexicana Inn Review
Arlaine Cervantes has created a lovely homelike ambience in her small bed-and-breakfast just one block from the malecón. The rooms are exquisite in calming pastels with niches and shelves full of folk art, beds with hand-carved headboards, wrought-iron work, Guatemalan textiles, and custom ceiling and door moldings. Some rooms overlook the bay, while others face the peaceful garden. Guests rave about the breakfasts (for an extra cost) with local fruit, Mexican pastries, crepes, frittatas, and home-baked breads.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $199-$259 -- 4-Star Resort Near San Diego w/Skyline Views Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more