- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The calm waters off La Paz are perfect for kayaking, and you can take multiday trips along the coast to Loreto or out to the nearby islands.
Baja Expeditions. Baja Expeditions, one of the oldest outfitters working in Baja (since 1974), offers several kayak tours, including multinight trips between Loreto and La Paz. A support boat carries all the gear, including ingredients for great meals. The seven-day trip in the Sea of Cortez with camping on remote island beaches starts at $1,400 per person, based on double occupancy. 2625 Garnet Ave., San Diego, CA, 92109. 612/125-3828; 800/843-6967 in U.S. www.bajaex.com.
Fun Baja. Fun Baja offers kayak trips around the islands, scuba and snorkel excursions, and land tours. A day of kayaking and snorkeling will run about $125. Hwy. to Pichilingue, Km 2, La Paz, Baja California Sur, 23004. 612/106-7148; 800/667-5362 in U.S. www.funbaja.com.
Nichols Expeditions. Nichols Expeditions arranges kayaking tours to Isla Espíritu Santo and between Loreto and La Paz, with camping along the way. A nine-day trip costs $1,350. It also offers a combination of sea kayaking in the Sea of Cortez with whale-watching in Magdalena Bay. A nine-day trip costs $1,400. 497 N. Main, Moab, UT, 84532. 800/648-8488 in U.S. www.nicholsexpeditions.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $199-$259 -- 4-Star Resort Near San Diego w/Skyline Views Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa