- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Valle is world-famous for paragliding, and competitions are held here nearly every year. The exhilarating sport is so popular that anyone with a flat, large garden for landing in is prepared for angelitos (little angels) to appear out of the sky when winds or misjudgment cause them to miss the standard landing spots.
Vuelos Panorámicos. Across the road from the lake, Vuelos Panorámicos has certified instructors and is a good place to learn. A 30-minute tandem glide down with an instructor costs $120 (be sure to bring cash—there's a small charge if you use a credit card). Bring a jacket or windbreaker, sneakers, and a camera. Plaza Valle, Valle de Bravo, 51200. 726/262–6382. www.alas.com.mx.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's