Just outside Mexico City's borders are villages and towns where the pace is decidedly slower. Many are graced with colonial-era cathedrals. You could follow the example of the capitalinos (Mexico City residents) and visit one of their favorite weekend getaways, such as Cuernavaca or Valle de Bravo. Or leave the modern world behind for one of the ancient ruins an hour or so outside the capital.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's