- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
At a Glance
- gorgeous place
- stylish rooms
- brand-new spa
- restaurant has lost a bit of its luster
Check Rates from our Partners
Las Mañanitas Review
An American expat opened this hacienda-style hotel in the 1950s, and it is still one of the best lodgings in Cuernavaca. The ample rooms are outfitted with traditional fireplaces, hand-carved bedsteads, hand-painted tiles in the bathrooms, and gilded crafts. The restaurant ($–$$$), with its spectacular open-air terraces and garden inhabited by flamingos, peacocks, and African cranes, is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon enjoying a leisurely meal. Sadly, the quality of the food isn't as reliable as it once was. However, you can't go wrong with traditional dishes like the well-prepared mole poblano or the sopa de tortilla(tortilla soup).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Has anyone traveled the entire Baja - from Ensenada all the way down to Los Cabos?
Did you go on your own by bus or car, or on a tour?
Road Scholar has a bus tour with a pretty interesting itinerary, bu Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more