La Michoacana Review
You can gaze out over the lake and the town's red rooftops at the Michoacana, which is just a short walk from the zócalo. It's one of the town's best sources of regional fare and a great place for a family meal. You can't go wrong here—all the typical Mexican plates you'll recognize are available, but the house specialties include pre-Hispanic dishes that you won't find everywhere else, such as venison, chapulines con cebolla y chili de arbol (toasted grasshoppers with onion and a spicy red chili sauce), and escamoles a la mantequilla (ant eggs lightly fried in butter).
- Address: Calle de la Cruz 100, Valle de Bravo, 51200
- Phone: 726/262–1625
- Location: Valle de Bravo
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just want to share how my 75years old slow walker aunt could enjoy the amazing barcelo resort and shopping along the world famous 5th ave... Read more
Puerto Morelos, MX May, 2014 Mexico is one of our most favorite places to vacation. We have been multiple times since 2000 and deci... Read more
Hi all! My name is Matt and I am the author at A Different Hunger - a website focusing on fitness, travel, positive psychology and mo... Read more