Around Mexico City Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Day-tripping to ancient cities: Spend the day scrambling over ruins and pyramids and be back in Mexico City for dinner.
Experiencing the great outdoors: Some of the country's highest mountains, such as Iztaccíhuatl, offer challenging climbs for the intrepid or easier trails at their bases.
The chance to eat Puebla's regional cuisine: The city has made some important contributions to Mexico's culinary heritage, such as mole, a sauce that can use upward of 30 different ingredients, including chocolate.
Getting a European vacation without having to cross the pond: Due to its lakeside location amid pine forests, and popularity with wealthy jet-setters, Valle de Bravo has been likened to the "Switzerland of Mexico."
Putting the guidebook away: In Tlaxcala and Cuetzalan, you'll run out of sights to see in the first 15 minutes. The real joy is strolling around without an agenda.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's