- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Every night Acapulco's restaurants fill up, and every night you can sample a different cuisine, whether you opt for a small, authentic loncheria (small, family-run café) serving regional favorites or an establishment with the finest international dishes.
On the Costera Miguel Alemán there are dozens of beachside eateries with palapa roofs, as well as wildly decorated rib and hamburger joints full of people of all ages who enjoy a casual, sometimes raucous, time. At the best restaurants in town the ocean views are often fantastic.
Ties and jackets are out of place, but so are shorts and jeans, except for the inexpensive places. Unless stated otherwise, all restaurants are open daily for lunch and dinner; dinner-only places open around 6:30 or 7. Most places that cater to visitors and locals purify their drinking and cooking water.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's