- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The trip by car from Acapulco takes 3½ hours via the toll road and about 45 minutes longer on the more scenic free road. If you can start early, consider taking the scenic road to get there and the toll road to return. Warning: On the toll road there are extremely few opportunities to turn around. If you'd prefer not to rent a car, Estrella buses leave Acapulco for Taxco five times a day from 7 am to 6:40 pm from the Terminal Central de Autobuses de Primera Clase (First-Class Bus Terminal). The cost for the approximately 4½-hour ride is about $18 one-way. Grupo Estrella Blanca buses depart from Acapulco several times a day from the Terminal de Autobuses. A first-class, one-way ticket is $18.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's