- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Fairmont Pierre Marqués
At a Glance
- high-quality golf course
- well-kept grounds
- food is pricey
- can't get anywhere without a taxi
Check Rates from our Partners
Fairmont Pierre Marqués Review
This boutique-style hotel was built by J. Paul Getty in 1958 as a personal retreat. Longtime employees say that he never used it, instead making it available to his friends before eventually turning it into a hotel. After a multimillion-dollar renovation in 2004, the Pierre Marqués is one of Mexico's finest properties. The hotel provides the serenity and sophistication of a private hacienda but with the first-class services and amenities of an international resort, including a meandering pool overlooking the ocean. You can stay in a room or suite in the tower building or in one of the ultraluxe villas or bungalows, which have private plunge pools. A shuttle runs frequently to the adjacent Princess, where you can use all facilities.
- Address: Playa Revolcadero, Granjas del Marqués, Acapulco, Guerrero | Map It
- Phone: 744/466–1000; 800/441–1414; 01800/090–9900 toll-free in Mexico
- Website: www.fairmont.com
- Location: Acapulco Diamante
- 220 rooms, 74 executive premier rooms, 25 suites, 10 villas, 4 bungalows.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Mexico City, Cartagena and Bogotá. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more