- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Fairmont Pierre Marqués
At a Glance
- high-quality golf course
- well-kept grounds
- food is pricey
- can't get anywhere without a taxi
Check Rates from our Partners
Fairmont Pierre Marqués Review
This boutique-style hotel was built by J. Paul Getty in 1958 as a personal retreat. Longtime employees say that he never used it, instead making it available to his friends before eventually turning it into a hotel. After a multimillion-dollar renovation in 2004, the Pierre Marqués is one of Mexico's finest properties. The hotel provides the serenity and sophistication of a private hacienda but with the first-class services and amenities of an international resort, including a meandering pool overlooking the ocean. You can stay in a room or suite in the tower building or in one of the ultraluxe villas or bungalows, which have private plunge pools. A shuttle runs frequently to the adjacent Princess, where you can use all facilities.
- Address: Playa Revolcadero, Granjas del Marqués, Acapulco, Guerrero | Map It
- Phone: 744/466–1000; 800/441–1414; 01800/090–9900 toll-free in Mexico
- Website: www.fairmont.com
- Location: Acapulco Diamante
- 220 rooms, 74 executive premier rooms, 25 suites, 10 villas, 4 bungalows.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
We are planning a trip to PdC for the end of May and looking to rent a condo at Corto Maltes. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more