- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Acapulco Restaurant Reviews
Most people come to Acapulco for the sun, but dining comes in a close second. Fresh seafood is on every menu, supplied daily by local fishermen. You can also get top-quality beef brought in from the Mexican states of Sonora and Chihuahua.
As for location, you can have an utterly romantic meal high in the hills, with unparalleled views of the bay, or you can dine in a casual beachside restaurant. Night owls coming out of the clubs can even find a plate of flavorful tacos for less than $2 right before sunrise.
You can dine with the locals in Old Acapulco, or plan a half-day outing to rustic Barra Vieja, where you take a boat through the mangroves to one of many dining huts for fish grilled over hot coals. You can also head to Pie de la Cuesta, a laid-back area west of downtown. Here you can have lunch at a seaside eatery, go horseback riding, and then linger on the beach for a spectacular sunset.
Browse Acapulco Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $80 -- Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort, Incl. 25% Meals CheapCaribbean.com
- $180-$187 -- Los Cabos Beach All-Incl. Resort incl. Weekends Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Riviera Maya Adult-Only Resort w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $499 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Save $520 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $67-$81 -- Puerto Vallarta-Area All-Inclusive, up to 50% Off — $67-$81 Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta