- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Indulging in the most popular activity in town: Eating out is all the rage. You can sample cuisines from around the world or feast on classics from throughout Mexico.
The chance to see authentic, small-town life: Pie de la Cuesta is a laid-back, coastal village northwest of Acapulco with some of the best seafood around.
Standing in the middle of a history lesson: The old Fort of San Diego overlooking Acapulco Bay houses one of the best museums in Mexico, illustrating the historical importance of this nearly 500-year-old city.
Dancing the night away: A sleepy village Acapulco is not. With big-city sophistication comes fabulous ocean-side restaurants, flashy hotel lounges, dance clubs with a sleek clientele, and laid-back surfer bars.
Jewelry shopping in a spot where prices are still reasonable: One of Mexico's prettiest towns, Taxco is also the place to buy silver jewelry.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe