- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Get cash in San Pedro Sula, Copán Ruinas, Santa Rosa de Copán, and Comayagua, all with plenty of banks with ATMs, most open weekdays 9 to 3 and Saturday morning. Elsewhere, you'll find banks but few ATMs. Currency-exchange offices in the airport in San Pedro Sula keep old-fashioned bankers' hours, not useful if you arrive at night, and if you depart on an early-morning flight, not open to change back any leftover lempiras. Most hotels also exchange currency but give less favorable rates. American Express, MasterCard, and Visa are widely accepted in San Pedro Sula and Copán Ruinas, but less so elsewhere.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's