- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Bus travel is extensive throughout this region, with a mix of large Pullman-style vehicles, converted U.S. school buses, and smaller minivans. Whenever possible, opt for directo service. They may still make a few stops, but you'll get to your destination a lot faster than on the slow servicio a escala (local service) buses that stop everywhere. Most destinations in this chapter can be reached easily from San Pedro Sula; Comayagua is closer to Tegucigalpa, and in this case bus travel from the capital instead is just as convenient.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe