- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
American flies twice daily from Miami to San Pedro Sula. Continental flies once daily each from Houston and Newark. Delta flies daily from Atlanta. Spirit Airlines flies daily from Fort Lauderdale. Taca flies once daily each from Miami and New York's JFK, as well as from many capitals throughout Central America. Isleña specializes in flights to the Bay Islands. CM Airlines flies daily to Tegucigalpa. Central American Airways flies daily to Tegucigalpa, La Ceiba, and Roatán.
Airlines and Contacts
American. 501-0750 in Honduras. www.aa.com.
Central American Airlines. 547-3652 in Honduras.
CM Airlines. 668-0868 in Honduras. www.cmairlines.com.
Continental. 557-4141 in Honduras. www.continental.com.
Isleña. 552–8322; 552–8335 in Honduras.
Sosa. 550-6545 in Honduras. www.aerolineasosahn.com.
Taca. 552-9910 in Honduras. www.taca.com.
About 15 km (9 mi) outside San Pedro Sula, Aeropuerto Internacional Ramón Villeda Morales is Honduras's busiest airport and has connections to many international destinations. There are also frequent flights to the Bay Islands and other parts of the country.
There are no airport shuttle buses, only private taxis. A taxi to downtown San Pedro Sula should cost no more than L150.
Aeropuerto Internacional Ramon Villeda Morales Carretera La Lima, San Pedro Sula. 668-3260.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe