Western Honduras Sights

Iglesia de la Caridad

  • C. 7 NO at Av. 3 NO
  • Comayagua
  • Religious Building/Site/Shrine

Published 01/20/2017

Fodor's Review

At the north end of town is the 1629 Iglesia de la Caridad. In the back is the country's only remaining open-air chapel, originally used for the conversion of indigenous peoples, in what was then socially segregated Comayagua. The church's interior is famous for its statue of El Señor de la Burrita (Lord of the Burro), which is paraded through town on Palm Sunday.

Sight Information

Address:

C. 7 NO at Av. 3 NO, Comayagua, Comayagua, Honduras

Published 01/20/2017

Advertisement

Book A Trip
  • HOTELS

  • FLIGHTS

  • PACKAGES

  • CARS

What's Nearby

  • Restaurants
  • Sights
  • Hotels

See all sights in Western Honduras