- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Two blocks east of Parque Central is the covered mercado, an enticing market that sells everything from shawls to saddles. There's not much to buy of tourist interest—the average resident shops here for day-to-day goods—but it makes for some interesting people-watching. It is also the place to go for a great breakfast; ask for atol chuco, a delicious mush of fermented corn served with a few beans, lime, and roasted squash seeds.
- Address: C. Real Centenario, Santa Rosa de Copán
- Location: Santa Rosa de Copán
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more