- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Getting Here and Around
Gracias lies southeast of Santa Rosa de Copán. Expect a few potholes along the way, but the drive is reasonable and takes just under an hour. The town is frequently designated on signs and buses as "gracias lempira" to denote the name of Lempira department (province) of which it is the capital.
One daily bus operated by Gracianos runs from San Pedro Sula to Gracias, but Congolón has more frequent departures. Crowded minivans leave periodically from the bus terminal in Santa Rosa de Copán and make many stops along the way.
Streets in Gracias have no names. Everybody gives addresses in reference to close-by landmarks.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe